|News Headlines >>>|
COVID-19 Mitigation Protocol
Published 17th March 2020
http://www.nhs.uk/coronavirusSpeech Advance have issued their COVID-19 Mitigation Protocol. We understand that you too will be worried about the Coronavirus. Our mitigation protocol below sets out our advise and the action we are taking to respond to the Coronavirus outbreak. We will continue to follow official guidance from the NHS, UK Government and World Health Organisation. The situation is changing constantly so we will update this information as needed. All groups and visits to residential homes and hospitals have been cancelled at this time. We are offering therapy sessions via FaceTime as an alternative to face to face contact should client's wish and are considering group FaceTime for our Communciation Groups. Our protocol is detailed below. Please do not hestitate to get in contact at any time should you have any queries. Keep safe and keep well!!
Coronavirus Mitigation Protocol
16th March 2020
Good hygiene is the best prevention
- FREQUENT hand washing or sanitisation by all staff/clients. Hand sanitisers will continue to be carried around by all staff members and used between each client.
- Speech Advance staff where possible, will not touch other people's belongings and will limit resource use, including picture and lexicon cards.
- Where possible client’s own equipment will be used for therapy, for example, iPads and home resources.
- After each session the SLT will wash or sanitise hands.
- SLT’s won't touch their face/mouth/eyes after each session or after handling equipment.
- The virus is viable for up to 3 days on an object so equipment/ resources should be wiped after each session AND at the end of each day.
- Daily phone handset and keyboard disinfection will take place.
- We now insist that all clients clean their hands upon entering the clinic and that SLT’s clean their hands upon entering the workplace/ people's homes.
- Staff at Speech Advance are encouraged to take their temperature before coming to work and/or visiting any clients.
- Any staff member with a temperature of over 37.8 and/or a new continuous cough must cancel any appointments, stay at home and self-isolate, for 7 days.
- All staff and/or clients must only use their own drinking and eating receptacles.
- As much as is reasonable, avoid close contact with clients and co-workers - Avoid hand shaking.
- Staff and/or clients at Speech Advance must inform us of any relevant recent travel you have made.
- At this time all group work and work undertaken in residential homes has been cancelled and will be reviewed on a daily basis.
This protocol will be reviewed on a regular basis. There’s lots of advice on how people can protect themselves online at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus